Andromeda CEO, Michael Dowden, was featured on the No Dogma Podcast to discuss how we built FlexePark as a completely serverless application with Firebase.
- Who he is, what he does.
- What is serverless computing, how it differs from traditional and container-based computing.
- What Firebase is, its ecosystem ; where the business logic lives.
- Progressive web apps, languages you can use with Firebase. Where Firebase "lives".
- Why Michael chose Firebase.
- Storing data, real-time database, cloud Firestore.
- Accessing other data and API's.
- Firebase suite of tools, authentication, and authorization "Implement OAuth in 15 minutes with Firebase", using authentication by itself.
- Crashlytics and track.js. Configuration tools.
- Deploying your application, easy app rollbacks.
- How much it costs.
#111 Michael Dowden, Serverless Computing and Getting Started with Firebase